Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
*** Please excuse my terribly bland and awkward blog appearance. I'm working hard on making it look pretty . . . it's QUITE time consuming!! ***

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Show Us What You're Workin' With Wednesday #4

Oh My Goodness! I can't believe it is time for my 4th party! I'm so excited to have Shannon from One Crafty Mommy hosting today's party, I can just hardly stand it!! Thank you Shannon, you are a lifesaver!! So without further ado, here she is....Your hostess with the mostess, SHANNON!!!

Hey Me and My Bucket Readers!!! I am so excited to be here to host the 4th Show Us What You're Workin' With Wednesday! Jessica is such a talented lady and based on the previous weeks, so are her amazing followers! How Jessica only picks 3 crafts to feature is beyond me since they are all wonderful! So I wanted to share a little about me before I show you my latest craft!

Like Jessica said I am Shannon from One Crafty Mommy. I'm a 24 year old SAHM to an adorable 2 1/2 year old princess. I was lucky enough to marry a Marine who is wonderful and amazing and everything I could ever ask for in a husband. I started crafting, scrapping, and party planning during my husbands deployements to keep myself busy. Even though he is now out of the military I still love to do crafts and decorations for our future home! I get my kicks from crafty ideas, second-hand store, & clearance sales. I love finding creative ideas from fellow moms/homemakers. I love those who are willing to share their talents & inspiration with others, so I love to share creative ideas as well. Whether I get them from magazines, other moms, or off the top of my head. I love coming up with new, cute, crafty, & most importantly in-expensive ideas to brighten your home. From decorations, to scrapbooks, to things for our kids, One Crafty Mommy is the place for you. So sit back, relax, and let's get crafty!

Today I want to show you a different version of my rag-tie snuggle blanket that I have made in the past. This is for a friend's baby shower so I did not want to do the traditional pictures on one side. I went to the store and purchased all of my supplies:


-Print Fleece
-Plain Fleece
-Stciky Back Felt
-Embroidery Floss
-Additional Fabric

I first started out by printing out the letters onto cardstock to make a template. Once cut I traced them backwards onto the paper side of the sticky felt. Cut out letters.


I then arranged onto plain fleece and stuck them on. Now this is "cheating" but it does make it so much easier to work with the letters having them stuck on. (If you do not like the look of the felt you can always cute out fabric letters and iron them on with wonder under.)


Once the letters are in place you can either sew them with the machine, or use embroidery floss by hand. I opted for the floss because I love the look of it. However, because the fabric and the felt are so thick, it took me about 2 1/2 hours for each letter and many bruises on my fingers. (I had to try it once, I will probably never do it again.)

After that was completed I made the fabric flowers following this easy tutorial. (The only change I made was using felt centers for the flowers instead of buttons since that is a chocking hazard.) I then sewed the flowers onto the blanket.


I then assembled the blanket following this tutorial from the blankets I have made before.


I think it turned out so cute and I can't wait to give it to the mom-to-be this Saturday!


Thank you again for letting me host the party this week and I hope that you can come visit me at One Crafty Mommy! Now time to party!



4 comments:

  1. Did you free hand those letters? If so, then you get a trophy. I could never do that! The blanket looks great!

    Thanks for hosting the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute blanket and I am loving how everyone is incorporating handmade flowers into their craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very sweet and personal gift. Love the little flowers that she can touch and taste safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I free handed those letters and wow did it take forever?! I had a fun time doing this blanket though and it is going to a well-deserving couple so it is worth it! I'm glad you ladies like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave some love!!