Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
*** Please excuse my terribly bland and awkward blog appearance. I'm working hard on making it look pretty . . . it's QUITE time consuming!! ***

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Google Reader - - Next Button

So, I'm sure that a majority of you use Google Reader and I'm also sure that most of you that use it already know of the TOTALLY AWESOME Next button!!

In case you don't . . . Its a button that you put up in your Bookmark Toolbar and each time you click it, it takes you directly to the newest post in your reader!!! The button is TONS better than just the plain reader because it actually takes you to the post so you can comment or whatever. So, it eliminates the whole middle man in a way. With reader you have to click on the post and then it takes you to the blog. Anyway, in case you want to use it, and you most definitely should!! Here are the instructions . . .

Go to reader and click "settings" then "goodies" scroll down to this part, and follow the instructions . . . SUPER EASY!!!

Put Reader in a bookmark

The next bookmark is an innovative way to read your subscriptions. It allows you to use Google Reader through just one link - clicking on it takes you to the next unread item, marking it as read in the process. It is particularly useful for subscriptions which only include snippets or when you want to read an article in context.

To use the next bookmark, simply drag the link below to your bookmark bar.

<-- drag this to your bookmarks bar


Hurry up and get to it and let me know what you think!!

8 comments:

  1. I've been using Google Reader for quite some time now and am very happy with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining our blog party over at Sassy Sites! I always love to see the fun blogs and cute stuff that everyone is working on! Come back next Friday... xoxo

    I always love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the Next button THE most fantastic thing ever! I am in love. I have been using it for a few weeks now and haven't opened reader since!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea this was possible! Thank you so much--this is AMAZING! I'm so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come by Sassy Sites today, it's Spotlight Sunday and I think you'll love her! Have a wonderful Sunday. xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey lady, just wanted you to know that i tagged you in a q&a over on my blog! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this feature! I actually only use it for the blogs that don't show entire posts in my Reader. They just show the first few lines so I read them with the NEXT button so I can see all of the post.

    Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave some love!!