Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
*** Please excuse my terribly bland and awkward blog appearance. I'm working hard on making it look pretty . . . it's QUITE time consuming!! ***

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Show Us What You're Workin' With Wednesday #3!!


I can't believe Wednesday is here already!!! I am still moving ... BLAR!!! But, I am taking a few minutes out of the all the FUN to get this party started!! I will feature my 3 FAV'S tomorrow ... so let's get down to business.

There is a FABULOUS scrapbook/paper store here in Salt Lake called Heartland Paper. I was in one of the stores last week and saw these super cute paper pinwheels and I knew I had to make them for this week's party. Luckily for me, they are a totally awesome company and have the pinwheel patterns on their site, they also did a segment on them on a local TV show called Studio 5. Click here for the pattern. Oh ... you will see that the sample picture on the site is the same paper that I used for mine ... TOTAL COINCIDENCE!! Too funny!!

First you have to print the patterns and cut them out. There are 3 different sizes, so you just need one of each. You'll want to print them on a cardstock so they are extra sturdy.

The pattern will tell you what size to cut your patterned paper, you will need 2 squares of the same paper for each pinwheel. *** MAKE SURE TO USE DOUBLE SIDED PAPER *** I put the pattern on top of both pieces of paper and used a straight pin to hold all 3 together. You could trace the pattern onto each paper individually and cut them out if you like, but this is TONS faster. You will see that the pattern wont go all the way to the edges of the paper (like in the pic) its ok ... just pretend it is the same size and cut it, or you can cut the pattern paper down to match the pattern exactly. This is the hardest part, and it isn't even hard, it's just time consuming!!


now that you have your two pinwheel pieces, glue them together. I used hot glue and just put a dab of it in the center of one and glued the other to it *** GLUE THE TOP ONE ON A DIAGONAL, SO ITS LIKE A DIAMOND *** Now pull out all the skinny round ends so they look like the picture.


Now it's time to start making it look like a pinwheel!! Take each skinny end and glue it down to the center, make sure you don't crease the paper, you want it to stay loopy like a real pinwheel.


This is what it looks like once you've got them all glued down.


Now it's time to make the centers pretty. I used coordinating paper and cut them into circles and then glued buttons and/or rhinestones on it. The website has instructions for making these functioning pinwheels.
*** IF ANY OF YOU MAKE THEM SPIN-ABLE I WANT TO SEE!! ***





SUPER CUTE and SUPER EASY!!! I hung these from the chandelier above the kitchen table, but they would look super cute in a window or on the door or the mantle.

Now for the party ... I had 28 links last week and I can't believe it!!!

*** THE LINK I ORIGINALLY POSTED FOR THE PINWHEEL PATTERN IS WRONG, SORRY, I'M LAME!! CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT LINK, THANKS!! ***


9 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm first. :)
    Love the pinwheels...they are adorable. I like the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pinwheels are super cute. I'm going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out fantastic!
    ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pinwheels are amazing!! How cute!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love The pinwheels! Thanks for hosting!
    -Julie
    The Wanna Be Super Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable. I love them but to me they look so complicated. I think it would be a great way to use pretty scrapbook papers.

    I'm showing my craftroom and not really an after but just showing my space will motivate me to show a better pic later and get some organizing done in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to get the pattern for the pinwheel that you used but the link is wrong. cute though

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are tooooo darling!!! I love the idea of hanging them from the light...too fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting the link party! And now off to waste my Friday making pinwheels....I'm sure hubs will understand...totally...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave some love!!